Saturday 11 February 2012

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation swatches and custom foundation mixing.


(img source weheartit)

Summer is coming and I don't know about you, but I find buying a ton of different foundations and concealers to match my skin tone as it changes with the seasons massively annoying.
My skin goes from nc15 ish in winter to around nc30/35 in summer.

Enter these babies!
I bought most of these from the Illamasqua sale on ASOS earlier this year and they were around £13ish as opposed to to £21.50 it usually is.
These are definitely full coverage and can attach to dry spots on your face something awful (even on my oily skin this happens) although I think that could be sorted out by using a good primer or exfoliating well. You only need the tiniest amount as they are highly pigmented and very creamy, I would say they are the foundation version of Sleek Pout Paints. Odd, but you will understand if you have tried both products.

Swatches.
Left to right.
140"For light to medium skin with golden undertones."210"For medium skin with neutral undertones." 320"For medium to dark skin with golden undertones."



100 "Pure white." 325"For dark skin with neutral undertones."

You may be wondering why I have 5, and that those dark shades seem a wee bit ambitious for an English summer, but these foundations are AMAZING at mixing.
I add a little (A LITTLE) of the appropriate colour to darken or lighten whatever my current foundation/concealer is and it works beautifully.
Their consistency is really perfect for it. You can change your foundation colour without changing your favourite foundation formula! (Mine would be Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily)
Genius! And they will last forever!

Here's a very quick little mix a made by mixing 325, 100 and 140, so you can see what I mean.

As you can see these foundations are absolutely fantastic on their own.
Will definitely be buying some more.
Sydney Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I was considering the white one for blending my other foundations which are all a tad too dark, and you convinced me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coverage looks amazing. Will definitely look into buying this!
    Thanks for sharing! Now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete